HOW TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND LEASE
1. Complete the on-line application in our leasing office or from the comfort of your own home. Please be prepared to submit payment for your $350 per person security deposit and $55 application fee upon the completion and submission of your application.
All undergraduate applicants will be required to provide 2 parental co-signers to complete a guarantor section of the application, which can also be completed online. If you can only provide 1 parental co-signer, please contact the office for assistance.
Graduate/ professional applicants will be required to provide proof of income. In order to qualify for a lease, the monthly rental rate cannot exceed 35% of your monthly income (before taxes). If your monthly rental rate does exceed 35% of your income, then co-signers will be required.
2. Once your application is received and approved, you (and your co-signers) will be required to sign an electronic lease. Once all signatures have been acquired, your lease will be signed by a broker and finalized. You can access your lease online through your personal resident portal. In July, you will receive more information regarding the move-in process.
As always, please feel free to contact our office with any questions!*All applicants and co-signers may be subject to a credit check for approval.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When should I submit my application and security deposit? Applicants are assigned to units on a first-come, first-served basis. You should complete your application as soon as you know Nittany Pointe is where you are interested in living.
- Do all of my roommates have to complete their own application? Each roommate must complete their own application and will not be assigned to the unit with their roommates until it is complete.
- When can I see my assigned apartment? Waitlist applicants who receive an apartment assignment are obligated to sign the lease without seeing the apartment first. Since many of our resident guests just moved into their apartments in August, we feel it is too early to show their apartments before our leasing season begins on November 1, 2023. Showings will be done by appointment only Monday-Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. Once you have been assigned an apartment, please call the office to schedule an appointment that works best for all roommates.
- When will I know my assigned apartment? We will notify all applicants via email of their assignment and roommates after the new year.
Sample lease provided outlines The Apartment Store terms of leasing. Additional lease addendums may be required depending on property and/or regional location. Please contact our office with any questions.